Thursday, September 11, 2008

someone's getting married

I just heard from the grapevine that a couple from our batch (well, at least for our course) in college is getting married next year. As far as we know, they're the first in our year to do so.

Rumor has it that the guy proposed while the couple was on board a helicopter, a few kilometers from the ground. How's that for high expectations.

I feel genuinely happy for them. We've known them as a couple since freshman year (that was roughly six years ago!), and I think it's high time for them to take the relationship to the next step. Personally, I have my qualms about marriage in this country. It is too restricted, formalized and iron-clad. At least in this country, it is only for those who are pretty sure about what they are getting into.

But as for this couple, I have no doubt whatsoever. Plus, I can't wait to see the cute babies-to-be.


No comments: