Thursday, October 23, 2008

one phone call

Library. Hey. Are you sleeping? She patted me on the shoulder.

No. Not really. I dabbed my eyes and forced a smile.

The guys are waiting by the parking. Movie. Tara.

Thanks. I can't. Pointed to the pile of papers before me. Need to do these. But really, I just wanted to lie in bed and hug my pillows and sleep for a day.. and forget. Everything.

Don't worry. Things will get better. I promise you.

Thanks. Forced smile.

____________________________________

Going home. So you're going to Cagayan? When are you coming back?

That's the third time you've asked me that. Do you have a problem of sorts?

Forced smile. No. Not really. The phone rings. I speak. But all the more I sulk. The problem was just getting bigger. I wanted to go home. Fast. To that bed. Fast. To Wonderland..

_____________________________________

Home. Opened the door
. I'm home.

You're early.

Yeah.

Bad day?

You have no idea. That was an understatement: It's a fucked up day.

_____________________________________

In bed. I was about to sleep. To fade away for hours and hours where I won't get hurt, where I won't be rejected.

Should I call? I didn't want to. I wanted to. I didn't want to. Next thing I knew, it was your voice I was hearing. I haven't heard it for eons. We talked.

_____________________________________

Sala
. Your eyes are soo red. You overslept!

Slight chuckle. Nope. I didn't have to. Later, I will sleep. Smiling.

No comments: