Wednesday, November 5, 2008

look ma, he can use a knife and fork!

There's this really buff guy reminiscent of the bouncers in Ascend (who scared me to death) who ordered a cheese-topped empanada and hot coffee. Good combination. Then he religiously cut his empanada using his knife and fork. The arm positions were perfect and the strokes, superb. I could almost see the perfectly sized morsels cleanly put aside on the plate. Neither too think nor too thin. And he wiped his mouth before he sipped his coffee! Wow. I don't see that much these days. Miss Minchin would have been proud.

I felt like an eight-year old in a zoo, dazzled by a wii-playing Panda.

Spank. I suddenly chastised myself. I was born in the 21st century, I thought. Literally, anything IS possible.

Makes one amused, but proud and hopeful at the same time. *grin*

No comments: